IVAL-the premiere provider of in vitro drug metabolism and toxicology products and contract research services.
As a pioneer of cryopreserved hepatocytes, cryopreserved enterocytes and cryopreserved intestinal mucosa IVAL provides a comprehensive suite of in vitro ADMET products and contract research services: Products include cryopreserved primary hepatocytes; 999ELite™ cryopreserved highest quality hepatocytes; CHIM™: cryopreserved human and animal intestinal mucosa; OnDemand™ pre-plated hepatocytes, cryopreserved enterocytes and MetMax™ enterocytes and hepatocytes. Services include: solubility, permeability, metabolic stability, metabolite profiling, P450 inhibition and induction, transporter inhibition, and in vitro toxicity.
Our Pioneer products consist of:
- Cryopreserved hepatocytes:
- Human and animal; both suspension and plateable grades. These primary cells can be applied in drug uptake, metabolism, drug-drug interactions, and hepatotoxicity studies.
- 999Elite™ Cryopreserved hepatocytes:
- Greater than 90% viability; greater than 90% confluency; over 9 days in culture
- CHIM™: Cryopreserved Intestinal Mucosa and Enterocytes(patent pending):
- We are the first to successfully isolate and cryopreserve human and animal intestinal mucosa epithelium and enterocytes to retain drug metabolism activities. IVAL’s enterocytes can be utilized to evaluate intestinal metabolism of orally-administered drugs as well as drug-drug and food-drug interactions in the intestines.
- MetMax™ hepatocytes and enterocytes (US Patent 5,474,940):
- Permeabilized, co-factor supplemented hepatocytes and enterocytes. MetMax™ cells can be used directly after thawing; do not require centrifugation and microscopic quantification of cell viability and cell number, thereby allowing convenient application for routine hepatic metabolism and hepatic drug-drug interaction studies.
- Tissue culture support products:
- UCRM: recovery; UPCM: plating, HIM: induction-long term culture and HQM: incubation-maintenance medium and tissue culture plate products
In Vitro ADME contract research services:
- ROS/ATP Human Hepatocyte assay to identify sDILI drugs: This proprietary assay was co-developed with FDA National Center for Toxicological Research. The assay could identify (with >85% specificity and sensitivity) drugs that are known to be associated with severe liver toxicity, leading to deaths or a need for liver transplantation.
- Plated Hepatocyte Relay Assay for slowly metabolized chemicals: This patented assay allows in vitro study of drugs with low hepatic clearance that cannot be readily evaluated with routine in vitro approaches. In this assay, compounds are incubated for 24 hrs with plated hepatocytes, with the incubated media transferred to newly plated hepatocyte cultures daily. Time-dependent parent disappearance is analyzed against model chemicals for up to 120 hrs (5 days), with the calculated hepatic intrinsic clearance similar to that observed in vivo.
- Integrated Discrete Multiple Organ Co-culture (IdMOC™): This patented experimental system co-cultures cells from multiple organs. The cells are physically separated (discrete) but interconnected (integrated) by an overlying. IdMOC™ models the human/animal in vivo, and allows the evaluation of organ-specific toxicity in the presence of multiple organ metabolism.
We strive to be the best in our field: best products, best service, best science, and best customer support.